Wednesday 28 September 2011

Can I Have My Best Friend Back?

Drama competition. 

And, i was the scriptwriter. I didn't have any idea on what to write about at first. Instruction dia, every play kena ada moral value(s). So, my goal was "Jangan bosankan judges. Jangan bosankan audience." Dua tu je.

So, ambik ilham dari cerita Mean Girls. I wrote about this one girl who has a bestfriend. The bestfriend is always there for her. Tapi, bila masuk high school, mulalah bergaul dengan the 'it' girls, you know? And, that girl mula neglect and ignore her bestfriend. Because bestfriend dia tu, simple sangat orangnya. Last-last, something happened between the girl and her famous friends. And that girl yang gilakan popularity tu, mula insaf and try to make up with her bestfriend back. Itulah sebabnya tajuk dia "Can I Have My Best Friend Back?"

So, my class 4 Amanah was satisfied with my story so we all started to work on it. Stayed back everyday from Monday till Thursday untuk siapkan props tau.



And, bila tiba hari competition, I looked at my friends and said "Korang, ni kita have fun je okay. Jangan expect apa-apa. Let's just do our best and enjoy every moment okay?" Waktu berlakon atas pentas, i could see the judges smiling. And i started to feel comfortable. We did great, i'd say. :) Tapi, bila tengok class lain performed, i started to feel... scared?

Yes, i did say to my friends, jangan expect apa-apa. Jangan expect akan menang. But, hope tu still ada. I really didn't want to get my hopes up, but i couldn't help it. I did pray to God, sometimes, biarlah 4 Amanah menang drama competition.

And last Monday, keluarlah result competition. Teacher announced

"Third place goes to... 4 Kamil." And i thought "Ahaaa, class Aisyah K. We're screwed. Tempat ketiga pun tak dapat, habislah. Banyak lagi class yang best."

"Second place goes to.. 4 Cekal." And aku betul-betul terkejut. Aku betul-betul ingat 4 Cekal akan menang 1st place.

"First place goes to.. Can I Have My Best Friend Back?" Tak tunggu 1 saat pun, tak tunggu cikgu habis cakap pun, kitorang semua dah menjerit macam dapat straight A's in SPM. Ahaaa.

I was shocked. I was shocked. And guess what, i was truly shocked. He answered my prayers. Alhamdulillah, thank you so much Ya Allah.

Even though tak menang best script, i didn't feel dissapointed at all. Dah Alhamdulillah sangat-sangat, menang overall. And best female actress, pun dari my class. Congratulations Azra Atiqah! Only God knew how satisfied, proud and glad i was.

Kitorang, pecah rekod. Mana pernah 4 Amanah menang drama competition. Selalunya, 4 Amanah akan cuba untuk tarik diri. But this year? Now i know, nothing is impossible. Even the word itself says "I'm possible."

Then, Puteri said to me "Kenapa selalunya, benda yang kita buat for fun la, yang akan menang. Tapi benda yang kita buat sungguh-sungguh la, yang takkan menjadi?"

I have no answer to that question. But i've thought about it once too.

Entahlah. He knows what's best for us, and we just need to trust His plans, kan?



-AA-

No comments:

Post a Comment